Fat chance there..
Lets face it… the two groups get too much mileage out of the set up we have now…
The Republicans accuse the Democrats of trying to punish success by raising the taxes on the people who make the money, They accuse the Democrats of taking from the people who earn the money so they can win favor with the people who don’t.
Recently the Democrats have criticized Romney for taking advantage of the tax code to pay less taxes. It is in the tax code, which is comprised of laws passed by both parties so, if the Democrats really wanted the rich to pay more in taxes, or as they say “their fair share”, the solution would be to do away with the deductions that only effect the wealthy. Maybe even start the who system over. Do a system “reset” and simplify the whole mess.
The system, as it stands, allows them to raise the class warfare issue without them having to fix what is wrong and, as long as no one seems to notice that no change the the tax rates will really matter because people can bring down their NET INCOME with the use of the various deductions, there will be no change.
We need to make them understand that we know how this works, and we need to make them understand that if they really want a change in the status quo then they have to get serious about making changes and quit PLAYING US.
- Billionaire Contributer To Gain $2 Billion Tax Break If Romney Is Elected (addictinginfo.org)
- Obama`s New Old Slogan (stevengoddard.wordpress.com)
- History of tax breaks (flowingdata.com)
- Obama’s Rejection of Deficit Package Doesn’t Reflect Plan – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Income Tax Resources (consumerresources.in)
- Welcome to the Tax Break Blog! (turbotax.intuit.com)